Aeon Evolution

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMFG KILL HIM

+2
FariFari
Smiley
6 posters

AE Policies

Smiley
    Smiley
    Admin

AE Policies Empty AE Policies

Post  Smiley 1/19/2010, 6:12 am

I think it's about time for a formal post clarifying AE's policies. Most of you will already be familiar with the following, but having the stuffs in writing wouldn't hurt. With that being said, on we go!

Activeness

First and foremost, everyone in this guild is expected to be active to a reasonable degree. Obviously I'm not talking about being on RO 24/7, but being on frequently enough so you're not a stranger to the guild is important. As guild mates, we fool around and do dumb things quite often, so please feel at home with our tight-knit family.

Code of Conduct

This boils down to common sense. Please treat fellow guild mates the way you'd like to be treated. AE is, for the most part, drama-free, and it'd be much appreciated if kept that way. If anyone has any complaints, suggestions, or conflicts that cannot be resolved, please do inform either Kathy or myself and we will do our best to be awesome for you guys.

MVP

As this is an MVP guild, there must be a solid foundation for everyone to work with. All guild members are expected to be familiar with the roles of their specific characters in various situations and be dependable in using that class. Being moderately well-equipped is also important, as it gets difficult to keep up with a Star Gladiator who does not own a Strong Shield, or a Devotion Paladin with 70k HP and gets stunned. We do provide "leech runs" for those who want to max a character through MVP's; all you have to do is ask, and we'll accommodate. We also try to MVP a few times a week, or whenever people feel like doing so. We do not have specific times for these runs, although they generally take place between 17:00-2:00 server time. When we do get set up for a run, parties are usually initiated in Splendide and will sometimes be announced in guild chat.

General MVP Guideline:

• AE has a reputation to keep. Please make it a positive one. Comments such as "lol noob" or "losers XD" made to an opposing party are not appreciated. Similarly, please do not kill non-hostile players for your own enjoyment, as this somehow comes back to me getting killed by said player in revenge for what you guys did /cry. If the player is indeed hostile, then by all means, make me proud and collect their panties as proof of kill.
    • Although we are perfectly awesome and friendly, we do PK others over an MVP. There are exceptions, such as not annihilating a party of two with our full party. It's courtesy, really. If the said party of two initiates an attack, things usually end up with our party killing the MVP while the two hostiles watch helplessly, dead on the floor.
    • Once the party has been formed, everyone is expected to search. No one is going to care if you are feeling lazy for the day and do not want to go to a million different maps, but please be courteous by not making this a habit and put the responsibility of finding MVP's on your guild mates.
    • The picnic boxes and occasional old red box that MVP's drop always go to the person who found the specific MVP. This is to encourage searching and reward those who do so.
    • Please do not ever go AFK without letting the party know. Nothing is more frustrating than everyone gathering up on an MVP map, only to find out the crucial player decided it's perfectly okay to leave without notice. If we happen to have a full party, whoever is AFK will be kicked to make room for another character. Obviously there are valid excuses, in which case the criminal will remain awesome to this awesome guild.
    • Commands are always given in capital letters. This isn't because we like to shout at you, but because TYPING LIKE THIS MAKES THINGS EASIER TO READ. Please please please follow these commands; if you see "REGROUP TOP LEFT," do just that.

MVP Drops

All drops are collected by the party's core Star Gladiator. Everyone can see what dropped from the MVP by checking the battle log, which displays every item the Star Gladiator obtained. If you want a specific item, call for it. If more than one person wants that item, we settle things by dicing. Do "/dice" twice and add the numbers up, with the winner being the one with the highest sum. Please be considerate of others and do not dice for something you plan to sell when someone else in the party actually needs the item.

In the case of a rare and valuable drop, we will initiate a bid starting at a guild-discounted price, and whoever offers the highest price will purchase the item, with the obtained money split evenly amongst the rest of the party. The purchased item is not to be sold for a higher price with personal profit in mind. Depending on the situation, doing so may result in the horrible delinquent receiving a well-deserved and justifying punishment ranging anywhere from a simple warning to a guild expulsion. If you are not present for the MVP which dropped the specific item, you will not be privileged to take part in the bid and money share. There are exceptions to this rule, such as being asked to continue searching while the said MVP is being killed, or guarding a map where another MVP has already spawned in.

MVP Cards

Although unlikely, it is completely possible that we obtain an MVP card. If and when that happens, it is up to the party to decide to keep the card for guild use, or sell it for profit or other items. If the card is to be kept, only trusted guild members will be allowed to use it. If you are to be presented with an MVP card, do keep in mind that the card is still technically guild property, and you are expected to give the card up if asked by a core.

Bloody Branch

In the case of a bloody branch party, the picnic boxes will always go to the owner of the branch. If a card happens to drop and is to be sold, the owner of the branch will receive 50% of the profit, while the other 50% goes to the rest of the party. This can be thought of as a a small "thank you" for sharing the bloody branch with everyone. Abra'd MVP's do not fall under this category, however.

Recruiting

AE is not an exceptionally large guild. We believe in quality over quantity, and I can proudly say that we have plenty of quality here. We are capable of competing against top guilds whose players are severely better-equipped than ours. With that being said, if you have anyone you would like to join this guild, please introduce me to them. Before you do so, however, make sure they fulfill the following:

• Level requirement: 160
    • Knowledgeable and skilled with whatever class they play.
    • Decently geared. When I say this, I don't mean they must have a +7 Valkyrie's Manteau. Likewise, they can't be running around with an unrefined Stone Buckler and a Coat.
    • Easy to get along with. If they can't get along with the rest of the guild, it won't work.
    • Active!
    • Willing to show me or any other recruiters their gears and build.
    • Able to follow orders.
    • Must be awesome like Ashley.

If I or the other recruiters still have doubts, we have every right to ask for a PVP battle on the spot. Just because someone has incredible gears does not mean that person knows how to use them. The only class we will not recruit would be Star Gladiators, for the guild members' protection. We already have a nice roster of capable Star Gladiators, and as they are generally the ones to obtain MVP drops, only trusted players are to play that class during a run.

Guild Events

Events are loved by everyone! If you have an idea or want to host an event, please share it with the rest of the guild. It can be something as simple as a leveling day, which happens to be incredibly popular. As I am a very uncreative person, numerous guild events have already been organized by fellow guildies, all with fantastic results. Keep them coming!

My hands are starting to hurt from typing. I shall stop this babbling. Thank you for reading (unless you skipped directly to the end, in which case I hate you).

Last edited by Smiley on 1/29/2010, 2:31 am; edited 3 times in total
    FariFari
    FariFari

AE Policies Empty Re: AE Policies

Post  FariFari 1/19/2010, 6:25 am

TL;DR

[reserved for space]
    zukirin
    zukirin

Post  zukirin 1/19/2010, 5:48 pm

OBJECTION!! I DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING!! REWRITE THIS FAILURE!!!

Jk :p

Nice write. Iz good!
    Eirine
    Eirine

Post  Eirine 1/19/2010, 7:02 pm

Lili's excuse: She randomly fall asleep.

Better not take this against me, or I'll Slow Grace you. >;]
    HoneyLemonTea
    HoneyLemonTea

Post  HoneyLemonTea 1/20/2010, 3:15 am

LOL!!! YAYS TO FINALLY HAVING AE POLICIES!!
    and btw my dear i think u made a mistake! its supposed to be...
    Must be awesome like Athena.
    LOVE YOU JIE JIE! X3
    Noah
    Noah

Post  Noah 1/20/2010, 6:43 am

noted.
    Pilot

Post  Pilot 1/20/2010, 1:48 pm

why is it soo tight >.<, i can't be on as much as before since i got more class hrs, more work hrs, less sleep hrs and super less time to relax on gaming but i'll try to be on for about 1-2 hrs per week, k?
    Smiley
    Smiley
    Admin

Post  Smiley 1/20/2010, 8:22 pm

no worries Kev, this is just a rough guideline. it would be unreasonable of me to expect u to place a game over other priorities. ur no stranger to the guild, either. no pressure in logging on for the sake of having to :B
    FariFari
    FariFari

Post  FariFari 1/20/2010, 8:49 pm

FariFari wrote:TL;DR
    ^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 5:59 pm